We are so incredibly lucky here at i-do Boutique to work with wonderful vendors on a daily basis. This week we had a chance to chat with Kelly Ledford, owner of CinciMakeup, providing experienced beauty services to all of Kentucky and Ohio.
Kelly grew up in the Cincinnati area, but moved west to attended the prestigious Los Angeles School of Make-up Art. By working closely with masters in the make-up industry, she eventually earned a Journeyman’s Certificate – one of the highest honors in the beauty industry. This not only singles Kelly out as one of the top makeup artists in this area, but it also qualifies her to work in Make-up Design Artistry, Hollywood make-up, beauty, runway, fantasy, bridal make-up, special effects with high definition for films, and commercial photo shoots. Kelly has worked on local projects for P&G, Kroger, Fifth Third Bank, and Venue Magazine.
Five Questions in 5 Minutes:
1. What is your favorite wedding day story? I have so many it’s hard to pick just one. But one of my favorite moments is when my clients read a letter from their future husband, and you can feel the love right there with them. And it’s normally followed by an amazing gift of jewelry or something special.
2. Where can we find you on a Saturday night? (Assuming you’re not working a wedding) I love to curl up on the couch with my fiancé and watch a movie and unwind with a bottle of wine. If I have enough energy after a long day of weddings, you can find us out in OTR.
3. Favorite song to jam out to in your car? Depends on what’s playing on my favorite Pandora station, the XX Channel.
4. Favorite thing about being involved in the wedding industry in Cincinnati? I feel like I’ve grown my business – this will be my 8th year as a wedding vendor. You learn so much about the industry. I feel I’m on the right track with clients I work with and also vendors. We have a great group of people in this area.
5. Best thing about your job? Bringing out a woman’s natural beauty. Being in that moment with them when they take that first glance at themselves in the mirror. It always makes me so happy to see my clients loving how they look on their wedding day.