When it comes to your wedding day, the goal is to not only look stunning to everyone in attendance, but to take your groom’s breath away! When you choose your gown, consider the following suggestions:
- Don’t worry about trends. Focus on what works for your unique body type.
- Necklines can make the difference! For example, a well-endowed woman may find a sweetheart neckline works better for her figure than a bateau line.
- One shouldered dresses should be considered, especially for one who wants couture styling.
- Consider your venue before you shop for your dream dress! Some churches may have certain dress policies and you certainly wouldn’t want to offend anyone. Consider a wrap or a bolero if that would make the difference.
- All dresses are customizable but none are created specific to your measurements (unless you are willing to pay substantially more for that level of customizing!) Allow for alteration costs in your budget; ask for an estimate before you commit to buy.
- Speaking of alterations, make sure you have all your undergarments and the shoes you will wear when you go in for fittings.
- There’s something to be said for limiting your choices. Wedding dress shopping (in person or browsing through magazines) can be overwhelming! When you find the dress that you love and looks great on you, stop, drop (your credit card), and buy. Move on to the next aspect of your wedding plans!
Most of all, stay open minded. You may be dreaming of a certain style, but find that another will suit you better.
Just as you knew how you’d answer when he popped the question, when you find your dream dress, you’ll know when to say yes.