This was one of our favorite weddings from last year. Thanks to all the fabulous vendors who made Rachel’s dream a reality!
- Photographer – Jonathan Gibson Photography
- Ceremony Location – St. Rose Church, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Reception Location – Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel – The Continental Ballroom
- Flowers – Robin Wood Flowers
- Cake – Sugar Realm
- Gown Designer – Reem Acra “Goddess” Headpiece, Bracelet, & Ostrich wrap – Jenny Packham, Shoes – Jimmy Choo
- Gown Shop – Bridal & Formal
- Invitations/Favors – Dirty Helen Paper Company
- Bride’s Makeup – Rachel Lisa
- Bride’s Hair – Young Kim, Harmoni Salon & Spa
Tell Us How You Met: We met while working on an Information Technology project for the US Air Force.
List Three Favorite Elements of Your Wedding: Dance floor, flowers, groom’s cake & wedding cake
List Three Additional Vendors (Not Already Listed) That You Loved:
- All Occasions Rental – Vinyl dance floor installation (design by Lisa Langenhop for Dirty Helen Paper Company)
- Red Carpet Runway – They were so patient and professional. They had incredibly quick turnaround on proofs, and were committed to helping us choose the perfect colors to coordinate with our metallic gold and silver theme.
- Nancy James – Nancy was our soloist at our ceremony and she sounded like an angel.
Your ceremony in three words: Dream Come True
What was your inspiration for your reception? The glamorous parties from “The Great Gatsby”
What was your favorite thing about your wedding ceremony? Our Priest’s homily
First Dance Song:“The Luckiest” – Ben Folds
What was the best advice you received as a bride? As far as wedding advice is concerned, I’m glad that we listened to the advice we received and hired a videographer (Mat Grimes with Squirrel Films). Our highlight video is fantastic, and our son loves watching it over and over again. It is really special to us.
What is the one piece of advice you would give to other couples that are now planning their wedding? Enjoy the planning process as much as you can because the big day will be here and gone before you know it!
If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently? We wouldn’t have our wedding on an Ohio State Football game day! Our wedding reception was during the Ohio State vs. Michigan State football game. While we couldn’t see the game, our bridal party kept us up to date with celebratory O-H-I-O chants after touchdowns, and we played “Hang On Sloopy” to celebrate an Ohio State win!
What was your favorite part of the day? Picking a single favorite element of the day is very difficult. Seeing our reception room all set up for the first time was definitely an amazing moment. It was also very special to have my five year old son as part of our special day. I was truly taken aback when we walked into our reception and saw that many of our guests were wearing the “Autism Awareness” pins we had given as part of our favor in honor of my son who is on the Autism Spectrum. He was so very excited the day of the wedding and talks about it all the time. He even stood up at the reception and asked to give a speech. He was so darling!
***Our most heartfelt congratulations go out to Rachel & Timothy. Thank you for allowing i-do Weddings & Events to be a part of such a special day. We wish you a lifetime of happiness.